We seek flash fiction of all genres and villanelle style poetry for our “A Rose by Any Other Name” themed Spring issue! Please follow the guidelines below before sending in your submission! All entries received that do not follow the guidelines WILL BE DELETED UNREAD.
Open call begins immediately and ends on March 1, 2017.
Submissions must meet guidelines and follow the theme to be accepted so read them fully.
- Flash fiction 800 words OR LESS.
- Poetry in the form of Villanelles.
- Original, non-published work only.
- Only one work per category (flash fiction or poetry) permitted.
Submission Information and Guidelines:
- Theme: A Rose by Another Name. Open genre, however plot must clearly meet the theme, which is open to author interpretation.
- Open for submissions from January 11-March 1, 2017. Word counts above 800 and any other form of poetry will be rejected automatically.
- Selected authors will receive a digital contributor’s copy.
- Unpublished stories accepted only, no reprints. If you shared your work on your blog, please delete prior to submission. OWS Ink will retain rights to the chosen works for six months from date of publishing.
- No more than one (1) submission per category allowed. Please send your best work as any secondary submissions will automatically be deleted. Each author is allowed to submit up to one story and one poem total. Submissions do not have to be simultaneous.
All short stories should follow the standard short story format and submitted in .doc/.docx format. The body of the email should include your name, bio, word count, and information about the piece. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: Inquiry / Your Name / Name of Piece.
Share this open call everywhere so everyone has a chance to submit! Don’t forget to follow the guidelines and get your story in before deadline.