OWS Inked holds an open call for its Winter issue, to be published January 1, 2017.
We seek short stories of all genres and poetry for our “Resolutions Gone Bad” themed Winter issue! Please follow the guidelines below before sending in your submission! All entries received that do not follow the guidelines WILL BE DELETED UNREAD.
Open call begins immediately and ends at 11 pm est on December 1, 2016. We will choose six short stories and four poems for publication in our winter issue.
Submissions must meet guidelines and follow the theme to be accepted so read them fully.
- Maximum 3,000 words for short stories, minimum 20 lines for poetry.
- Original, non-published work only,
- Only one work per category (short story or poetry) permitted.
Submission Information and Guidelines:
- Theme: Resolutions Gone Bad. Plot must clearly revolve around any type of resolution.
- Short stories word count 3,000 words maximum. Poetry minimum 20 lines. Open for submissions from October 31-December 1, 2016. Word counts above 3,000 and poetry with less than 20 lines will be rejected automatically.
- OWS Ink will publish a total of six (6) stories and four (4) poems in the winter issue of OWS Inked. Selected authors will receive a digital contributor’s copy. Unpublished stories accepted only, no reprints. OWS Ink will retain rights to the chosen stories for six months from date of publishing.
- No more than one (1) submission per category allowed. Please send your best work as any secondary submissions will automatically be deleted. Each author is allowed to submit up to one story and one poem total. Submissions do not have to be simultaneous.
All short stories should follow the standard short story format and submitted in .doc/.docx format. The body of the email should include your name, bio, word count, and information about the piece. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: Inquiry / Your Name / Name of Piece.
Share this open call everywhere so everyone has a chance to submit! Don’t forget to follow the guidelines and get your story in before deadline.